Monday, April 27, 2009

My Involvement

My experience with NOW is just beginning. I did make a call to one of the ladies at our local NOW, and asked if they are currently taking volunteers, and she said yes. I also asked if there were any limitations as to who they can/cannot take or see: she said that they don't discriminate against race,age or gender. Although the organization is titled National Organization for WOMEN- there are men who get involved too. The organization is what I expected- they really are there to help promote gender equality amongst women. I plan to go and volunteer in the summer and hopefully through the fall. I felt very relaxed while talking to the people at the organization. All of the workers and volunteers are very welcoming and make everyone feel very comfortable. I really look forward to being able to volunteer at NOW, and hopefully help with women's gender equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment